Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Re-arching 4-inch lift springs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Lance, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

I have a set of never installed 4" BDS lift springs and I am somewhat contemplating having them re-arched to 6". Any input on the drawbacks or limitations is appreciated. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Why not add a 1" zero rate and settle for 5"? Better yet sell them and buy some 6" BDS springs...every set of re-arched springs I've seen has settled back in a matter of months.

Rene

3. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

I am contemplating the "zero" rates with a 1" body lift combo versus the re-arching. I was just wondering if the costs and benefits of the combo were worth it over the simple re-arching. Thanks for the input.

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Well the zero-rates are worth about $30 IIRC, the bl is maybe $100 (can't recall off the top of my head...) and the new springs would still be warranteed. As soon as they're re-arched any warrantee you might have had would be gone.

I'd do the zero rate first and see if that's enough for you...if you absolutely have to have the last inch I'd do the bl.

Rene

5. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

Ah yes, the warranty! Good point! I think I will be purchasing those zero rates, after all.