Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Re-arching of the springs for added height?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RJB44, Jun 8, 2006.

1. RJB44

RJB44 1/2 ton status

I am looking to put a set of 33' on 1991 Blazer. It actaully has pretty decent clearence now with stock 31', but just want a little more room, perhaps 1-2 inches. I don't want to add a lift kit, or blocks. looking for somewhat of a stock looking height with 33's. I have seen stock blazers with 33's on and they really fill out the wheel wells.I had a factory plow package on a 89 blazer I had about seven years ago which gave it a slightly higher look in the front because of added spring. I liked that look, if I could have only made up for the difference in the back, it wouldn't have looked like it was sagging all the time.

Your thoughts on re-arching the springs? Cost effective? Remember this is 1991 at 15 years old

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

that idea has been covered before. and it is a big wast of money. it wont last long and if thay show signs of rust build up at the center pin area thay might also break when bend up. and you can only add just so much arch before the shackles wont line up cause the spring is arched to far.

grab a 2" lift and be done with it. but sub the rear blocks for a 2.5" flip kit in the rear. will get you better ride and no block in the back.

3. 89K5guy

89K5guy 1/2 ton status

I just replaced the front springs on my 89 with a set of rough country 2" springs and got a set of rear 2-2 1/2" from superlift's ebay scratch and dent store.My blazer now sits just perfect with 33s on it :D Now i just need some new tires.

4. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Check off road designs website for zero rates for the rear. That will help level it a bit. Rearched springs ride like crap not to mention all the other problems that can be associated with them

5. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

You could add zero rates or do add-a-leafs too. That will make it sit a little taller.

6. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

If you want to add 2" cheap you can do a set of full length add a leafs front and rear. Put on a set of good (Gabrial) nitrogen shocks also. Will ride a little stiffer than stock but not much.Tuffcountry makes good add a leafs.33s should fit no problem.