Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

re-arching springs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1967k10, Apr 4, 2006.

1. 1967k10

1967k10 1/2 ton status

I've got a set of 4" skyjackers on the front of my 67' and I need more room for my 37"s. Would it be easy to have them re-arched to 6" or 7"?

2. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

It would be easy to do, but may not be worth the effort or money. From what I understand about this by talking to the local spring shop, you will loose the new arch very quickly.

Also, distance between the spring bushing will decrease and will effect your shackle angle which will hurt the ride quality...

3. crazyhole812

crazyhole812 1/2 ton status

yep it doesn't last long

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

x3 waste of money.

and the more arch you put in the shorter the spring becomes in relation to the stock length. the example 44" eye to eye is stock and thats length of main leaf. the lifted spring will still have 44" eye to eye but longer main leam to cover the arch and diffrent length. so even if you do it there is a point of not going to work as it will pull your shackle in the wrong way.

5. 1967k10

1967k10 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the input.I wondered if there was a catch to re-arching.I think I'm going to try to fab up some custom drop front hangers and maybe that will help my pinion angle as well. We did this on my brother truck and it looks like it will work.It's not drivable yet though.