Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

re-arching stock springs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Jun 13, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i was wondering if you could re-arch the stock springs ot get lift. my springs have quite a few extra leafs in them though its lifted probobly 1-2 inches. its a cheap way of doing something but im wondering if its been done by anyone?

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

have a spring shop re-arch them, or do it yourself, get another vehicle, put the spring against a wall and the other vehicles bumper, drive forward, re-arch spring, lol

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hahah there ya go!..but no really..is this a good idea or no? i dont really care about the ride.

4. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Rearcing only last's about a year, and with stock spring's, there simply is'nt enough "height" to make a lift. So Your choice is use the spring's You have now, and save up to buy the correct spring's at a later date. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

First find out what it costs to have them re-arched. It's probably about the same price (or even cheaper) /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif to order up a set of EZ-Rides from ORD. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif And I've never heard of anyone being happy with re-arched springs a year or so later. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

BTW, the front springs have a negative arch from the factory, so it would take a lot of work to make them into positive arch springs. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

oh well i guess that answers that question..thanx guys!

8. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

around here they do a set for about $40 If you really want a CHEAP lift you could have them arch them as much as possible and add like a 1.5in add a leaf(thats abother $40) and mabe a set of zero rates that you can reuse for the next lift but rember this when you re-arch a spring its gonna come up short and its gonna be REALLY hard to get them in the shackles and its wont ride or flex real good and it will loose lift after time