Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Re:Can I use a 3/4 ton 10 bolt housing/gears with my old 1/2 ton 10bolt?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Hossbaby50, Apr 20, 2002.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

It says that the 3/4 ton axle was missing the shafts. He is asking if he can use his hubs, tie rod, and axles from the 1/2 ton in the 3/4 ton. I would guess the tie rod is the same, the hubs are definitly reuseable, and the axle are reuseable too if they match on spline count. If the are different, he can use his stock 1/2 ton outer stubs, but would have to find inner axles to match the spline count of the differential. OR

If they do end up being different spline counts he can use the carrier from his 1/2 ton axle in the 3/4 ton axle (with the 3/4 ton gears) that way he wouldn't have to get new axles. But then you have to have the gears re-setup, or get a locker or posi with the right necessary spline count.

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Re:

WTF? something tripped out. This is a reply to the 1/2 ton hubs, shafts, etc, in the 3/4 ton 10 bolt question.