Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

re-covering dash

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 81sb, Apr 27, 2003.

1. 81sb

81sb Registered Member

Just wondering if what people have done to fix their dash. My 81 has some pretty good cracks and holes in it. Anyone done any spray or coating applications to repair them?

2. BRN78BLAZER

BRN78BLAZER 1/2 ton status

I used bondo to repair one once, then sprayed it with some rocker gard to hide the repair and give it some texture. Then you can pick any automotive spray can you want and paint it to match the interior.

3. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

Or if you are really serious about having it recovered, my dad always sends the dashes for his mopar restorations to a place called just dashes (go figure) it runs about $300 /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif http://www.justdashes.com/nav_dash.htm

4. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I recovered mine myself with some cloth. I used that 3M spray adhesive and it is holding together nicely. Kinda tough to fit the material though. I figured I could try it and if I didn't like it I'm no worse off than the ugly cracked one that I didn't like either.

5. Panther212

Panther212 Registered Member

Buy a dashmat... you can order em at your local parts store usually, or online at jc whitney or summit...

I got one, it really made my dash look 300% better

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Think JC Whitney sells dash "covers" that are plastic. Not sure how they work, but they cover the *whole* dash from the pictures I've seen.