Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Re-defining "behind schedule"

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Dec 5, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I was supposed to do the following but haven't yet:

1) pick up the two tires for my trailer 4 days ago

2) pull a motor, tranny and T-case out of a '76 K20 2 weeks ago. It's still whole.

3) replace and axleshaft and balljoints on a front end 3 weeks ago on a truck I sold.

4) have a '77 K5 Blazer ready to sell over a month ago; it still needs the top bolted down, tailgate put on, and carb changed again.

5) get a pellet stove operational for a friend 4 weeks ago

6) have all the campers and vehicles winterized and under shelters 2 months ago. I still have two campers out in the snow, and a trailer and motorhome not snow weight-supported, and several vehicles I still haven't checked antifreeze in yet.

7) figure out how to get a lost title for a Travel Trailer I traded to a friend by last summer.

8) have "Brutus", a '77 Crew Cab sold by last spring. Right now it's sitting with no bed and needing a carb.

9) have "Swamp Thing" completed and running by April 2005. I started parting it out already and we never did get it running to begin with.

10) have my '87 K30 plow truck together with the plow on it by November of 2004. Right now it's sitting more apart than it was 1 year ago, and my plow has now been on two trucks since last December.

If I keep going I'll end up in the early 1990's with things that are so far back they don't even apply to me anymore.

I just walked past a big list of "Things to do before winter 2004/2005" I made and posted on my door over a year ago. There's still alot of things on it that aren't crossed off yet. I need to become rich soon and hire helpers or something. :dunno:

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

your busy ness is only perpetuated by to many d60s illl help you by letting you give me one or two.

dont sweat it man, ever one is behind, i have a ton of stuff todo to i havent done, but i procrasanate and you have too many trucks lol.

you will get it done.

btw i am sure more than a few members will clean up a bunch of odd jobs, for one of your covoted 60 you keep under your bed...

3. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

:haha: It's the week before finals here, 'nuff said.

4. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

It IS the week of finals here. I'll trade ya!

5. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

I have to wash three jets this week :dunno:

6. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

My method for making today's list is simple. Make a prioritized list. Find the 1/2 way down point and draw a line across. Those above the line get done starting from the top. Those below wait for tomorrow's list.
    Eventually those that weren't that important anyway drop off the bottom never to be heard from again.