Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Re-drilling front springs to move axle forward...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fortcollinsram, Nov 24, 2002.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

When I had my front driveshaft made, I had it made a inch longer than I needed thinking I would be buying ORD's zero-rates tomove the axle forward an inch...Well I decided against the zero-rates because I don't want my truck any taller...So i thought I'd re-drill the springs and move the center pin forward and inch or so...is there anything I need to be aware of? is it okay to to leave the old hole open? Thanks gang...

Chris

2. JoseK5

JoseK5 Registered Member

3. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

Why not make a plate to go between the spring and the housing that would use the present center bolt in the spring and put a pin in it an inch forward to locate the housing, would save modifying the spring.

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Re drill the purches and plates. It's far easier than the springs and less likly to cause you problems. If you have ever noticed springs tend to break at the center pin and near the eye's You sure you want two holes in the spring?