Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Re-indexing trans case

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rustyk5, Aug 4, 2003.

1. rustyk5

rustyk5 Registered Member

Anybody out there twisted their t-csae a few degrees to gain some ground clearance? I am a new Blazer owner and my 208 and x-member almost hang lower than my diffs!! I know it cant be tweeked to far(pinion angle and drive shaft vibartion/life) but I'd like to get it up into my framerails. Thanks

2. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

Andy, I am building a adapter for "outlaw612/Matt" to clock his NP208/700R4 combination. The design is his so you need to talk to him directly but I'm sure that with a little time for debugging and running it for a while we could probably do another one. Talk to Matt first.

3. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Some people were talking about this awhile back, i keep seeing people clocking the t-case down in f250s with 1/4 clocking rings so it should be possible i just dont think anyones making a "kit" right now, i want one for my 241 because i plan to keep it

4. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey if you can make i would buy it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. rustyk5

rustyk5 Registered Member

Thanks for the info. I'd like to know how it works out. For now I think that I'll try and fab up a "home-made" crossmember. That will get me 3-5 inches. I saw an article in fourwheeler(I belive) for a toyota x-member that used the bolts on the t-case and attached to the inner lip of the frame. The t-case had a seperate piece of "armor" attached directly to it to prevent direct hits. This may be the route I take. Thanks again for the info. I'll keep watching the boards.