Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

re jet of carb

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wraenking, Mar 25, 2005.

1. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

when i bought my new truck avenger, i didnt have my valves adjusted right when i put in the new motor, so i re jetted the front(prinary) of the carb up one size. i didnt touch the secondary. well, now that the valves have been adjusted right, should i re jet it back to the way it was?

my timing is good, but as ryoken said when he drove her, you can smell some fuel. she doesnt seem to have the power she could have, so i might have the carb professionally tuned.

thoughts?

i think ill throw the old jet back in for now and see how she does. could the bigger jet size be giving me the unwanted fuel smell?

2. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

well i put them back to a 68, i was running a #72. i went up 4 when afterwards i read only 2 at a time. feels a bit better performance wise, and my mpg's should incfrease also!

3. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Yes. And Holley will also tell you to only move 1 jet size at a time. I would do two, but four!? holy crap:blush:

4. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

lol. i just re did the timing also. i really dont know what to set this motor at because im not sure exactly where it should be. i know it is bored .30 over and has a 501 caqm lift in it. right now i have it set idling at around 850. we'll see hopw she does.