Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

re-routing the exhaust crossover tube

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by zcarczar, Jul 4, 2002.

1. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Is there any way to do it? i banged mine up today off roading. Can i run a tube next to the transfer case then have them converge behind the transfer case? just throwin out an idea, pics would be cool too
    Thanks

2. GRINCH

GRINCH 1/2 ton status

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I had my local muffler shop build me a very nice exhaust system. I had them route the passenger side pipe between the front of the transmission and just under the torque converter inspection cover. It Y's into the driver side pipe just behind the transfer cross member with a collector there so I can drop only the front half of the exhaust if needed. The Y pipe is 2 1/2" then after the Y it becomes 3" and exits out the driver side behind the tire. I am using a HI-FLO cat and a gibson truck muffler. It has a very nice tone.

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Nice, I've thought of doing that on mine when the x-under tube gets smashed (or when I get to it, whichever happens first). My only concern was the fuel lines. Any problems or concerns with yours being that close?

5. GRINCH

GRINCH 1/2 ton status

No prob with the fuel lines. I did install a shield as an after thought just to make sure.