Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Re: TBI manifold and bolt pattern.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88-383, Feb 16, 2006.

1. 88-383

88-383 1/2 ton status

I have the Edelbrock TBI manifold that I plan on using with some aftermarket heads. The problem is the two inner bolts on the manifold are at 1987+ 72deg angle. Mostly all of the aftermarket heads don't offer this pattern.

AFR has them but they are special order 8-12wks depending on who you ask. Edelbrock makes a pair but they come with 60cc chambers and would make my compression to high with my flat top pistons.

World Products used to make them but they've been dicontinued and are very hard to find.

Can the TBI manifold have the inner holes elongated? It doesn't seem there'd be enough room to get at the holes. Has anyone done this? Does Edelbrock make the TBI manifold with the standard pattern?

Thanks

KM

2. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

yup lots of guys have done it with success:D

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Hard to find???? Word does not make them ??????? Whatt????:dunno:
    Do a search for centerbolt heads or L98 heads. World makes them.(Look up SR or Torquer heads. 76CC chambers for 1987 and up) Holley makes them. Edelbrock makes 76cc aluminium heads to match your manifold. AFR makes them. Dart makes Iron Eagle SS heads 76CC Centerbolts. Almost every major aftermarket head maker makes centerbolt heads that will bolt up to TBI manifold. Shoot do a search on Ebay Prolly find some there too
    Prolly the cheapest out there are the L98 heads you can get from GMPP they fit the mid 80s-early90s TPI/TBI Camaros and Birds. They have 64 CC chambers tho. Dont know if they will work for you.

Or if you want to use a old style head and intake just get a TBI adapter plate. So you can bolt it on an older style manifold. Edlebrock sells them So doescfm-tech.com andhttp://www.turbocity.com

4. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

i was told by edelbrock that you can in fact elongate the holes alittle to make them fit. thats when i was asking them about there mpfi set up.

5. 88-383

88-383 1/2 ton status

Ok, well maybe I should've been more clear. I was after the Sportsman II heads, but thay have been discontinued. The Edelbrock Performers that I saw for the 87+ intake pattern had 165cc runners with a 60cc chmaber. The Aluminum L98's I looked at don't have the heat crossover and they also had the early style bolt pattern.

The pictuures of the SR Torquers that I saw on Summit showed them with the old D-shaped combustion chamber. I'd like to get a modern style heart shaped chamber.

But thanks for the additional info, I'll take a look at the Holley's and have a closer look at the Dart's as well.

Kelvin