Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Read if interested in 69-72 Blazer bikini top

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Yukon Jack, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

I called Bestop at 800-845-3567 to see if they could give me dimensions for the Scout II bikini top and also asked what we could do to interest them in making a bikini top for the 69-72 Blazer.

The woman I spoke to said Bestop is actually considering making a bikini top for the 69-72 Blazer. She will get me the width of the Scout II top and she said she would be interested in a list of people who would be interested in a 69-72 Blazer bikini top to show the company the interest level.

If you are interested in a 69-72 Blazer bikini top, please e-mail me your <font color="red">name and the year </font> of your K5 to yukonjackk67@netscape.net

I will compile a list of names and get it to Bestop to see if we can show them there is a market for this top.

If there is a big enough market for a Scout II bikini top, surely there is a big enough market for a 69-72 Blazer bikini top!

2. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

e-mail sent

3. Yukon Jack

20 e-mails so far!

4. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

How much different would it be for a 73-75 (or 76-91 with a cut roof) from 69-72 K5's? Size wise they are pretty close, close enough for a bikini top at least.

I'd be interested in one for my 75 thats for sure.

5. Yukon Jack

36 names so far.

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. Yukon Jack

I just called Specialty Top Company (Kayline) and the representative told me they would not consider making a bikini top because there are so many different rollbars being used that they couldn't make a standard bikini that would work, where as some of the other vehicles they make bikini tops for have a standard roll bar. Bottom line, Specialty Top Company has no interest in discussing the issue.

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

gd 1st gen guys get all the love... /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

j

9. jerry303

jerry303 Registered Member

Yeah, right 1st gen guys get all of the love. Look at all of the aftermarket things that are available for the 2nd gens vs. the 1st gens. Plus, STC isn't at all interested...we can always hope though.

10. Yukon Jack

Just an update. I have 54 names of people interested right now in a bikini top. Still getting new names every day. TonyP is checking with a friend who does this type of work to see his interest level. Sounds like he will likely be interested and hopefully the price will be good too. Given the fact that so many people have responded voicing a request on different attachment methods, I'm not so sure that one of the big companies would be able to fit our needs very well. I would assume a company like Bestop will be only willing to make one form of attachment. I'll update more as soon as I hear more from TonyP.

11. Yukon Jack

Just an update, TonyP and I have been able to get an individual lined up to make a bikini top for the 69-72 K5. On Friday information was e-mailed out to all who previously contacted me. If you did not previously contact me and are interested, e-mail me at yukonjackk67@netscape.net.

Here's a pic of the prototype bikini top on TonyP's K5.

[​IMG]