Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Read the fine print!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by AZ79K5Project, Aug 7, 2006.

1. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

ClassicParts formerly Chevy Duty is not shy about shipping charges!!!

My order was total was $8.88. I shipped it ground. The shipping weight: 0.4 pounds. Shipping charges: $7.95!!! WTF!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I didn't see this:
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Order Total From $ [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]--------Shipping Charge[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Order Total To $[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    0.01 to
    [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$79.50 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]--------------$7.95

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$79.51 to [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$299.99 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-----------10% of Total Items

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$300.00 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]and Up --------------[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Free*[/FONT]
    They should have least left a mint on the pillow for me after they were done.:haha:

2. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

Uum, you have never shipped part's before?>>>>:)

LOL

3. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

$300 and up free is a good deal.
    LMC doesn't give free until $1000.

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Yea but an eight dollar part can't weigh that much!

5. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I got two bushings one pair with no sleeve from ORD a couple weeks ago. Invoice said $5 for the bushings and 12 something for shipping and handling. The box said $4 on the USPS tag...WTF $8 in handling?:mad: Rant over

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I have to charge everyone 7.50 shipping where I work , even if its a little part . We only use UPS . Lots of businesses do it , whether its right or its wrong doesn't matter its business . Its just faster to charge everyone the same . It also helps offset times you must eat shipping .

I used to have a problem with it , but I realize its still cheaper than driving to pick it up sometimes .

And honestly , if I could afford to start my own business I would , and I would charge people for shipping if I had to . And then I would buy stuff in my community , and put my kids through school , and buy my wife a car . Its the USA after all .

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Thank the oil companies for your shipping complaints...........................

8. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

I'm with Paul on this one, I ship UPS and have a minimum shipping and HANDLING charge of $10.00. (unless your name is Surpip)

About the lowest actual UPS charge I see is around $6.00, and when you consider my company pays a man to package it and we buy some of our boxes, I think $10.00 is a deal.

9. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Shipping for most companies evens out. You have to pay to pack stuff, buy boxes/labels etc. and give free shipping for high dollar orders so the low buck stuff is where you make sure that you are not losing $$ on shipping.

10. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

I was thinking of buying a 16" x 48" bed patch panel from Chevy Duty. I wanted to make a hatch to the fuel tank sender. The part was only $29.95. Then I saw shipping rate of OS2. I called and checked the shipping. It was going to be $23.xx not $7.95. Oh well I will figure some thing else out.