Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Read this concerning the I am an American Rant!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dieselmh, Mar 25, 2002.

1. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

Just to let everyone know, be really careful with the rant by Ted Nugent that was posted. I totally agree with it, but you may want to keep it to yourself. We had a guy that got fired for emailing that to a couple of people at work. One of the people posted it on his cubicle wall, someone else saw it and was offended, and for some reason, the guy that sent it was fired. The argument was that it was racist and hateful. WTF? What's even more strange is the fact that the woman who complained and got him fired is white, and has been accused of being racist in the past. I think she interpretted it to match her true feelings, then tried to use it to make herself look better. Anyway, just a heads up, with all the PC crap going around, be careful of what you post at work.

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Well, in Ted's defense, I am pretty positive that if he saw this, he would tell that person who was offended, "WAH, WAH, call a WAHMBULANCE!!" /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Sounds like the employer opened himself up to a serious lawsuit!!!!

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

firing someone for posting someone elses political statements is a law suit waiting to happen. I'd be like if I left the New York Post sitting on my desk and I got fired for the editorial page. Actually... that theoretical would be worse, because I would have paid for that newspaper! At any rate, I would HAMMER an employer for that kind thing, there is no legal basis for that whatsoever. Last time I checked, you can be a communist or a liberatarian or anything in between and it's all legal. This is the USA... not the USSR. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif
    J

5. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

I don't think he would have gotten in trouble for just posting it, but he also forwarded it to some people, who then forwarded it to more people, and so forth and so on. Anyway, by the time it was over, there were actually quite a few people who jumped on the bandwagon and said that it offended them. They said that it was along the lines of "White Power", and that it glorified putting down other races. I don't know what they were thinking, but it worked. In this day and age, businesses are so scared of getting a bad reputation, that anything controversial is usually done away with quickly. I work for a multi-million dollar company, and I'm pretty sure that their lawyers covered the lawsuit issue pretty well before they fired him. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know that although it is really sad, you really can't express your feelings openly anymore unless you're a minority.

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

"White power".

Err...I mean..."white powder"!! /forums/images/icons/blush.gif