Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Read this email a guy sent me about the article on the main page

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudzer, Apr 2, 2000.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

The grille change occured in 1988, not 1989. 1988 C/K pickups were redesigned, and the traditional bodied SUVs and crew cabs were facelifted with the modern-styled grille.

The core support from 1983-91 (for 2 headlights) is the same for all years, and so is the grille and headlight buckets for dual headlight Chevrolet/GMC FS pickups.

Update the Colorado K5 page ASAP, because of the error noted.

<font color=red>Man does this guy need to get his $H!Tstraight before sending an email like that! The article is perfectly correct in every way. He is correct in stating the C/K truck got redesigned but he is incorrect about the Radiator Support, Headlight Buckets, and the Modern styled grille. Thats 3 strikes, youre out! The grille was updated in '89 -'91 to the style that I installed on my Blazer.</font color=red>

<font color=red>Mudzer</font color=red>
    1978/91 K5 Blazer

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Oh look!!!!!! Why is it that we're getting all of this personal email directed to us when all these LOSERS have to do is come and air their views on the board.......... It's because they're afraid of getting their heads' knocked around by us on our turf..........you may recall my anger from a post from a couple of weeks ago. Pretty ignorant, eh, Mudzer?!

3. SnoMan

SnoMan Registered Member

You know mudzer maybe he's right?? . . . Just kidding . . . That guy must of hit a couple of branches when he fell out of the stupid tree. Now I'm disgruntled, when will people learn to think before they speek?! 3rd Battalion

4. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

What a dork. There's always one guy around who doesn't know his crap. He knows just enough to sound reallllllly stupid. Examples: "Yea, my 454 Hemi really hauls." "I used to own a 67 Blazer." or "No, really I'm pretty sure those are 1 ton axles under my stock Blazer." I don't get mad at them. I just sit back and laugh.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

5. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Hey Mud, I, for one, really appreciated the article. Takes some "huevos" to take on an article for everyone in the world to read and critique!! I thank you for your time and expertise! Maybe someday I can even do the swap!

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm

6. Rockblazer

Rockblazer 1/2 ton status

My personal favorite was the 12 bolt front end!
    Todd
    85 Diesel

7. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

just laugh at him in an e-mail reply

LOL [​IMG]

<font color=red>Steve88</font color=red>[​IMG]
    88K5 Silverado
    thunderdog@metallica.com

8. coopertwpk

coopertwpk 1/2 ton status

lets see i have a 88 and it has 4 headlights amazing enough the change was in 89 which sucks because i would prefer to have the newer grill.