Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

READ THIS!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DesertDueler, Aug 8, 2001.

1. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

First of all I am glad I am still here to write this. This weekend I was climbing up a hill that was 75 feet high and at about a 70 degree angle and the ring and pinion exploded in my rearend exploded. When I hit the brakes the brake line on the passenger front broke. I went slidding down the hill sidways untill I hit a rut. My Blazer rolled 6 times down the hill. The only thing that saved me was the intergrated roll bar. The rest of the roof came to the steering wheel.
    Pics http//www.geocities.com/modifierperformance

86 Blazer 4"lift 35" MTRs locked front, still 1/2 ton axles.Other vehicles 69 Firebird with 525 hp,and a 70 GTO www.geocities.com/modifierperformance<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by DesertDueler on 08/13/01 12:04 PM.</FONT></P>

2. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Well.. glad to hear your okay.. And you were able to walk away from it..
    Sorry to hear about your Blazer..
    I might have one up for sale here soon.. cheap !!!! It's a 76 made into a full-convertible.

Round Rock, Texas I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. <a target="_blank" href=http://www.rocko.rockcrawler.com>www.rocko.rockcrawler.com</a>

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

HOLY CRAP! [​IMG] I'm glad your still walking-n-talking! Were you the only one in the truck? Were you wearing your seatbelt? Was it driveable afterwards? Sorry for all the questions [​IMG] Oh, and of course did you get any pics?

~~'84 K5~~
    Check it out at:
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.k5.rockcrawler.com>www.k5.rockcrawler.com</a>

4. blazerbum

blazerbum Registered Member

oooooh id be spitting out pieces of my friut-a-looms if that was me that had to be a ride good thing you were able to tell this story sorry to here that .

5. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

Would the emergency brake have been of any help at that point? Not that you'da had time to think about it right then!!

1984 K-5
    4" lift
    35x12.5 MTs
    buildin a 400 for it, any info greatly appreciated

6. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple>Somebody was looking over you on that day !!! Glad you're o.k............any pics ?

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

7. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

10-bolts kill, glad your OK though.

Steve

Bandwidth FREE ZONE

Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

8. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Wow! The Good Lord was smiling down on you that day!

I'm glad you're okay!

I've got a mind like a . . . a . . . what's that thing called?

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer/>http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer/</a>

9. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Glad to hear you are ok!!!

I have always wondered how strong that section would be in a roll... Also, have you had a chance to check, is there an actual roll bar in that section or is it just like a unibody style/type channel?

Again, Glad to hear you are ok!!!

Mike

<font color=green>"It's like a sore dick deal, You cant beat it!"</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

10. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Whoa...that sucks!! I'm very happy to hear you're alright though.
    Boss

89' 1 TON of FUN K5

11. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

CRIMINY CHRISTMAS!!
    glad you walked away! that's one of my nightmares, mechanical failure. i try not to get into dangerous situations (I'd never take the family up Lion's Back), but even mild wheeling can turn ugly if parts break.

again, glad as [censored] that you made it through.
    and, did you get any pics?

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

12. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

What hill? Where were you. Got any parts for sale? ( weak joke) Where is your truck parked? Congratulations on not getting hurt.
    Mark

<font color=blue>azblazor</font color=blue>
    <font color=orange> 79 K5 454-FI / 4L80E, NP205, D60, FF14, 4" lift, 9K Warn </font color=orange>

13. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Sucks that your truck is trashed but hey it can be replaced but YOU can't. Just glad that you are ok.

<font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

14. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Glad to hear you're ok! That really sounds like the wrong combination of failures at the wrong time...

Ratch
    <a target="_blank" href=http://k5.8m.com>k5.8m.com</a>
    **I need a house. Friggin realtor went and sold mine.**

15. DesertDueler

There was one other person in the blazer with me. We were both wearing our seat belts. The Truck still drives kind of. The hill I was on was in Arizona. It was a Butcher Jones in the first cove.

86 Blazer 4"lift 35" MTRs locked front, still 1/2 ton axles.Other vehicles 69 Firebird with 525 hp,and a 70 GTO www.geocities.com/modifierperformance

16. DesertDueler

I do have pics of the truck. I am going to go get them developed today. I will post them as soon as I get them.

Someone also taped the whole rollover. I am also going to get that today. If anybody knows how to upload a video on the web please let me know I will post that also.

86 Blazer 4"lift 35" MTRs locked front, still 1/2 ton axles.Other vehicles 69 Firebird with 525 hp,and a 70 GTO www.geocities.com/modifierperformance

17. blazerbum

blazerbum Registered Member

well it sounds like your ok thats a good thing petersons 4x4 has a thing going send in your roll over videos and they will send you a licence plate check it out and good luck.

18. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

dude that suck glad you are ok and on the video thing once you get the video on your pc make a yahoo acount and uploade it to your briefcase take a look at mine below[​IMG]

wheeling videoshttp://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333

19. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Man, glad youre OK. Hey, on another topic, I see you are a Pontiac man. I am going to try to find a 69 bird someday and build a race car. I had a 12 sec 76 Firebird when I was 16. Let me tell you, thats pretty fast for a first car! Motor was a 73 400 "YC" 2 bolt block with stock cast crank, 58-62 rods, and Ross pistons. Rotating assembly was balanced. Heads were "670" ported to flow 250 CFM @ 28" H20. Worked over Performer intake with 750 Quadrajet. Car weighed 3680! Rearend was a 10 bolt with 3.73 gears, c-clip eliminators and 26"x9" M/T ET Drag slicks. Car would run 12.63 1/4 mile and around 8.20 1/8 mile times. 60 Foot times were in the 1.70s. Glad to hear a few Pontiac guys are still out there. I have met many of the greats in the past. I have met Arnie Beswick, Jim Butler and his Sons, Clay Phillips, and many others. I even thought about pulling my 69 360hp 428 out of my old Bonneville and putting it in the K5! Talk about torque! Hang in there dude, you can find another K5 - but if you cant, just drive the pee out of that Bird!

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com</font color=blue>

20. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

DA-DAMN! Glad to hear your ok man. I bet the Pucker Facter had to be a 10+. Thank god for roll bars and seabelts!!

Chris

MY DRINKING TEAM HAS A FOUR WHEELING PROBLEM![​IMG]