Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Read This!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chevy4x4, Aug 30, 2000.

1. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

THis is what someone said about chevy and gmc in the "How to use this forum" forum.
    "Short whellbase vehicles are far superior to fullsize's for many reasons. The jeep brand name is synonymous with quality while chevrolet and gmc are known for being just plain shitty."
    If someone doesn't like blazers why would they come to coloradok5.com?

[​IMG]
    <font color=red>chevy4x4</font color=red>

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Everyone has their own opinion, but everyone that has a Jeep that I know of is always breaking something and they have a lot of money into their vehicles.

They are probably just jealous and own a Jeep that is sitting in the driveway needing fixed.

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

3. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Go figure! Consider the source - a Jeep "person".

behemoth K5

4. S10-4x4

S10-4x4 1/2 ton status

They have something that that guy had on his hootus, but they had to take a dump instead and well...thier ass is just stuck up!!!!

S10-4x4

J**P...Its what's for dinner
    http://s10-4x4.coloradok5.com

5. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Hey Chevy4x4,
    What post was it under? I couldn't find it. You're right, why would a jeep lover be here? The only thing I can think of is that it's some sort of inferiorority complex. The poor guy (it's probably a gal) is probably trying to make himself feel better by coming in here and bashing GM. The truth is, I'm too proud about having GM blood that the little punk doesn't even bother me.

6. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

OK, as a PRESENT owner of 6 GM 4x4s and 3 Jeep CJs, I can definitely say that the CJs require lots of mods to them to make them trailworthy. Sure you can 4 wheel with a stock CJ, but the axles and tranny are just plain junk, and need to be upgraded. Of course, so are 10 bolt rear axles in our beloved GM 4x4s...JUNK axles!! So, with that, I have upgraded most all of my GM 4x4s with Corp 14 bolt rears (1 Dana 70 rear-factory), and Dana 60 fronts. Also, two of my CJs have Dana 60 rears, one has a Dana 44 rear, one has a Dana 44 front, and the other two are waiting for their Dana 44 fronts. Truth be known, I much rather blast some dunes in one of my CJs!!!

ken

7. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

It was a guy buy the name of "Jeepman"
    He also posted in the truck forum 3 times.

[​IMG]
    <font color=red>chevy4x4</font color=red>

8. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Ken,
    How the hell do you park them all at home? Your front lawn most look like a used car lot.[​IMG]

9. Scoobydoo

Scoobydoo 1/2 ton status

Phoenix / Peoria ARIZONA. (75thAve/DeerValley)
    Funny thing, everyone I know that has jeeps has a CHEVY 350 in it!

Wait a minute! this guy is obviously just trying to stir up sh!t
    umm... who does that sound like?????
    <font color=red>Jeep</font color=red>man or should I say <font color=red>Butt</font color=red>man
    ??????????????

10. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Look under most any Jeep on the trail that has been modified and you will find a 350 engine with GM tranny of some sort. The axles will be a 14 bolt or Dana 60 rear with a Dana 44 or 60 front. All these heavy duty parts came stock on Full Size GM's or were options from the factory, no need to modify a K5 to make it trail worthy!

11. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Funny, every Jeep owner I have met on the trails was because I was pulling them out of the sh#*. The only useful Gipp( ooops word is sooo easy to confuse with Jeep) is the one that delivers my mail.

12. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

My reasoning is this if..mind you, if jeeps are so damned good. then why does everyone who owns a jeep thats worth a crap, put chevy engines, diffs, and the like in them...As far as the notorious 10 bolts, mine are now on their 3 engine, with way over 300,000 miles on them...knock on wood they're still going strong......[​IMG]

<font color=blue>White Knight</font color=blue>

13. rockosangel

rockosangel 1/2 ton status

talldog, I don't agree to your comment that "its probably a gal". There are plenty of women who drive Chevy trucks and love them. Why they would anyone drive a Jeep is beyond my understanding, but I agree with you, it is probably just someone with an inferiority complex. Sorry if this sounds defensive, its not, Im just saying, dont go around throwing stuff like that out there...Im not one to seriously get upset by comments like that, but there are plenty that are. this forum does have women here too.
    Sorry, I've had a bad day, I needed to vent!

www.rockosangel.coloradok5.com
    www.rocko.coloradok5.com

14. CruisinK5

CruisinK5 1/2 ton status

Uhh, can't he be kicked off this website for that[​IMG]j/k.I am with scoobydoo, I think it is Buttman again[​IMG]j/k. Someone needs to set this person straight because I cannot see how a Cheap, I mean, Jeep can be better than a Blazer.

"Have you driven over a ford lately?"

15. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

It's cool Rocko. I didn't mean that gals can't drive Chevy's, nothing looks better than a cute girl driving a nice truck! There are a couple reasons why I said that. First of all, 9 out of 10 jeeps you see around here are driven by young girls. This is just an observation, I know men own jeeps too, but around here jeeps are notorious for getting girls to and from school. The main reason I said that was, because I feel it's pretty sissy-ish for this guy to get on this board and bash GM, and then take off. Kind of like sucker-punching someone.

16. 78k5

78k5 1/2 ton status

Misery loves company and when a person who is obviously miserable with his vehicle comes to a site like this where we are all happy with what we own, well you know now why that person would post what they did!!!!

17. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

A-MEN!!!! My brothers and sisters let us thank 78k5 for his enlightenment. Now let us help our wayward 4wheeler by assisting him, in getting his headenistic Gipp into the nearest Autocompactor. Praise the K5!!!!! Praise the K5!!!!

I really need to stop watching that cr@# before Saturday morning cartoons. Drew need doughnut........mmmmm doughnut.

18. archer

archer 1/2 ton status

I just got rid of my Jeep. I got sick of the powertrain control module crapping out, Numerous electrical woes, paint flying off, Alternators, Transmission problems, intake manifold gaskets, Cross member with the consistancy of a coke can, transfer case linkage that bent like pipe cleaners, and every lousy part was a dealer only item. I was told by their own mechanic that you'll need to replace this item at x miles, this one at x miles, and we will only fix the flaking paint job if Chrysler's sales are up. All of the above is true I will never own another Jeep or Chrysler product as long as I live. I will drive my K-5 from now on!!!!!!!!!!

"who dares wins"

19. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

sOME OF MY BEST FREINDS HAVE JEEPS THAT ARE VERY CAPABLE. nONE OF THEM HAVE CHEVY PARTS IN THEM. BUT, I STILL LOVE MY K5. TO ME, IT ISNT THE VEHICLE ITS THE DRIVER. I KNOW SOME IDIOT K5ERS AND SOME IDIOT JEEPERS AND SOME IDIOT TOY DRIVERS. JUST MY .02

[​IMG]

20. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

The best compliment given to me about my Blazer was last hunting season. The only other 4x4 in camp was a guys jeep. It was lifted, 33" tires, detroit lockers, and other mods.
    After a couple of days everybody wanted to ride in my K5. They said " It would go anywhere that #%#@@ Jeep can and wont bash your brains out doing it" The Jeep sat in camp.

[​IMG]
    Get out and Vote!