Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

reading schematic ??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by testosterone, Jul 18, 2002.

1. testosterone

testosterone Registered Member

i went to my local library and copied the electric diagram for my Blazer...she is a 90 but the manuel was for an 89, I hope it doesnt make much of a difference. It makes reference to I/P...for example 'splice 303 located LH side of the I/P'
    What is an I/P?
    Thanks for any help

2. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

probably "instrument panel"

3. testosterone

ok, makes sense..thanks.
    I have been trying to think what it could stand for but couldnt figure it out. Ive been so stressed out that i couldnt sleep a wink last nite...i HATE it when there are probs with my truck. My doc told me i have an enlarged heart and it didnt faze me at all..but some electrical probs and i stress out... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    Thanks

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Be sure that you have the schematic for the R/V series trucks. That was the Blazer/Jimmy in '89. That year the pickups had the C/K designation and the newer body style. There are also some differences in the harness and other things, even though they were built in the same model year. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

5. testosterone

dang, i didnt think of that...
    thanks for pointing that out to me...I guess I will make another trip... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

It can drive ya kinda crazy when you're looking for something that isn't really there. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif I've got the '87 shop manuals and have caught myself looking at the wrong pages in the wiring diagrams a few times. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

7. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

I have those in my webshots.
    just remember to press 'view full size' down at the bottom of the regular image,
    then 'right click' 'save as' then you can printem out or ???

8. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

On the later car manuals, I/P is actually the connector that some of the ALDL wires go to, then from that connector, to the ECM. Other wires such as ECM 12V also route through there. (So from ALDL, to I/P connector, to the ECM plugs)

Instrument Panel might be correct as well, but my '88 car manual I *know* has the I/P connector as the one for ALDL/ECM.