Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ready for camping! Cant wait till summer!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Thumper, Dec 28, 2002.

1. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

crap... forgot webshots wont host like that...
    try again
    /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Red x............... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. 77fixer

77fixer 1/2 ton status

What's the rating on that trailer? Is it a 3/4 ton? What size wheels does it use? How much? I really want to get one of those, but it will have to wait until the Sub is done.

Brett /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Summer camping is for wimps! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif The last night of my last elk hunting trip it got down to 9 below zero F and we were tent camping. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Gotta have a GOOD sleeping bag! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

That trailer looks sweet!

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Its a 3/4Ton with 16.5" 8 Bolts 31" tires stock. They are ex-Canadian military. I bought it off a guy that had a few of them. They are around every once in a while... just have to watch the auction sites. Im pretty sure the US army uses them also.

Mike

7. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Yep, the US has them, too. I saw a convoy of four semis w/ flatbeds loaded down with them. You could also buy the 1.5 ton and swap a smaller axle onto it, or even the 2.5 ton! (but those are heavy)

8. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    The last night of my last elk hunting trip it got down to 9 below zero F and we were tent camping.

[/ QUOTE ] Reason # 2 why I do my hunting at King Soopers.

I did not go camping once this last summer because of all the wildfires and fire bans. I guess I figured that the Forest Service does not need another idiot (me) starting another fire in an already burning forest. Hopefully we will get some more moisture this year and it will not be so dry up in the mountains. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

9. HarryH3

Most of the camping close by here is in Pike National Forest, but it was closed most of the summer after that moron started the Hayman Fire. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Winter camping is a blast as long as you're prepared for it! One thing is for certain, none of the camping spots are crowded! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

10. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Someday I would like to go "Winter Camping" but I am afraid that my tent and sleeping bag are not quite suited for the extreme cold. I would end up sleeping in the truck. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

11. HarryH3

The tent we were in had a wood stove ( /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif ) but it would only last maybe an hour before it needed to be restocked. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif A GOOD sleeping bag, long undies, and a balaclava to cover your face will keep you nice and toasty. We also used cots to keep us up off of the frozen ground. The first couple of nights it only got down to 8 degrees and that was comfy with all the stuff we had. But the night it went to 9 below it was starting to get near the limits! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

12. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I sleep in my truck anyway! I pull the back seat out, set it by the fire and thrown my air mattress and sleeping bags in the back of the truck. Works greta for me! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif