Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ready for the Trail?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 85k5blzr, Feb 4, 2001.

1. 85k5blzr

85k5blzr 1/2 ton status

I live down in Texas where there aren't many rocks, but a lot of mud and sand. I was wondering if i would probably be able to do a majority of trails with my 85 k5, stock heigth with 32"s, and a 305 (estimated 160-180hp.....seems like an old engine). I am going to put an EZ locker on my rear axle and convert my auto hubs to manuals.

85 k5 blazer with an old 305....must have more power! [​IMG]

2. 69AZBlazer

69AZBlazer Registered Member

The best way to answer that question is to find a friend with another 4X4 (preferbly a Chavy), lock it in 4 and go have some fun. If you make it out, then yes you can make it. If you get stuck, or worse, break, then you will know what to beef up on your truck. If you keep rubbing sheetmetal underneath, then you need a lift, etc. The reason to bring a friend with another 4X4, is in case you do get stuck or break, they can haul you out. The reason to make sure the friend is a Chevy, is because most of us would rather walk home than be pulled out by a F**d. Happy wheelin'.