Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ready to order ASAP what to get? please help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by warnoffroad, May 1, 2004.

1. warnoffroad

warnoffroad Registered Member

I need to order a lift kit as soon as i can for a 79 K5, from the looks of it ill be going with a BDS. Should I get the 8" kit? Are there any problems with that? as far as the drive shafts, would i just need to make them longer or get higher angle U joints? Would it be easyer to just get a 6"? thanks alot!!! also where online can I order a BDS?

2. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I bought the 6" front springs and I'm using a shackle flip in the back. I ordered mine locally just to help support a local business (those guys will actually help you when you need it unlike internet vendors!) I don't know how they ride yet as they're not installed but all I've heard so far is good things. You might want to consider Tuff Country products also. Offroaddesign.com has them for you along with their shackle flip for the rear. They have swaybar disconnects, longer shackles and greasable bushings too! They're a great company to deal with if you have to go through the net. Anyways, good luck to ya /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif