Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ReadyWelder II purchase

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dontoe, Feb 10, 2006.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm fixin' to order one of these. Anyone have one or used one?

[​IMG]

2. dontoe

Nobody, anybody? :confused:

3. Bushwhacker

Bushwhacker 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey Donald, I know a few guys that have used them and they seem to work pretty good. They are REAL handy for trail repairs. Where are you getting it?? I know Chip Price ( upnover ) over on NC4X4 is a dealer. He may can hook you up. What you been up to? We need to go wheelin again sometime this year when I get my pile rolling again.

Clay

4. dontoe

5. Bushwhacker

Bushwhacker 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

my pile is far from being done. I mean real faaaaarrrrrrr! Not sure if I will be able to wheel it anytime soon. May be getting another wheelin rig, not sure yet. Yea I got to check out the DPG, when I get wheelable again!

Clay

6. boots

boots 1/2 ton status

I have one, get good deep cycle batteries to use with it or rig up a poweresource for it. Somehwere around here I have notes on using a ford alternator and a hard wired invertor etc to rig up your own premier type unit, possibly from the pirate board, have to find my hard copy to be sure. Used to weld pole barns and gates etc with it then got spoiled by dual sheild 450 amp 1/16 inch wire unit I used at my old job, though not much good for building cages

7. mlaux

mlaux 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have had great luck with mine. Only complaint is Lincoln wire spools bind up so i can't just buy my wire from the local Lowe's.

8. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Marv has one , it crapped out on the trail . Maybe he'll post up if he sees this .

9. dontoe

Mine is in the mail.......................Chip Price ( upnover ) over on NC4X4 gave me a great price on it, 'ell he even turned my clevis pins down a 1/16th in his machine shop, so they work on my bumper ...................pics of the Welder ASAP!!!

10. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Yes I do... and yes it did....

But it was no fault of the welder.... After some investigation I found that changing the tip fixed everything.

Marv

11. boots

boots 1/2 ton status

try to find a used regulator somewhere(or a new one according to finances) then you have the option of running gas and being able to play with aluminum and then you can also run dual shield if needed. I actually lucked out with my tank picked up an abandoned rental when a friend moved into a new place. Found the marks as being an airgas rental took it down to my guy, who I've dealt with for a while, and gave him his full size tank back (It was legally still his) and he gave me one of the little knee high bottles, can't remember which cubic feet it was, normally around here the smaller bottles are not rented. Reminds me I still have one in the old junk trailer to take down and swap for an argon tank. anyway tlak to your guy before you try it some of em get pissy about it being theres anyway

12. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

I have one and I love it. Works great, i bet you will be pleasantly suprised at how well it welds.