Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Real nice welcome back to Phoenix

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by justhorsinaround, Jan 6, 2004.

1. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Well it didn't take very long at all for my truck to get broken into. They stole all my electrician tools and my stereo. The crux of this post is I now need a new dash as they busted my old one all to hell. Does any of you fine folks happen to have a dash that they would be willing to part with? I guess you could call it the instrument cluster I guess? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

No I don't expect y'all to go rippin the one you have in your truck out, /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif but if y'all happen to have one layin around that would be great. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Thanks in advance.

Allan

2. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Allan,

Sorry to hear it.... Blasted thieves! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I have a red "parts" truck. It's a 77. You're welcome to anything in the interior that you want.

Marv

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Man, sorry to hear about that. Time to start killing the little SOBs doing this stuff. Same thing happened in my old 75 K5. Busted out a window, completely destroyed the dash, tore up the upholstry, and all they got was a screwed up radio that wouldn't bring $10.

Wish I could help but I got nothing for you right now. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

That totally sucks.
    Allan before you put a new dash in make that stereo mount to more than ABS plastic. I had the same thing happen to me 2 months ago. I welded a plate in the opening and cut a hole for the stereo cage to slide into and mount. This way if they try to steel my $100 stereo the won't beable to f' up my $150 dash pod. You can come and see what I am talking about on my truck as I have no dash pod currently. Let me know.

5. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

F'n thieves!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I'm in the process of getting a new bezel for mine, the one I have now is a little faded but you can have it if I can get the one I'm looking for..

6. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Cool guys, thanks!! The Blazer is now down gettin an alarm put in it which is just bizarre to me cuz the truck is just an old beat up critter but oh well I guess. As soon as I get it back I'm gonna put some time into decidin what I want to do with mountin the stereo. This is all just so stupid. I hope those assholes lose both of their hands or somethin like that real soon. Good luck to y'all.

Allan