Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Real quick Dodge D60 question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigOrange90Jimmy, Sep 20, 2002.

1. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Say I just happened to find a SRW D60 from an 80's Ram. All I'd have to do is slightly spread the springs to make it fit under the K5? That and get different steering equipment on the axle?

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

the only steering thing you would need to change is the steering arm on the dana 60 just get a chevy one /forums/images/icons/smile.gif and you might need a chevy yoke for the driveline also

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

GET IT!!

4. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

if you retaper the dodge steering arm to accept a chev TRE *I forgot to add 'from the topside'* (you may have to shorten the total draglink length as well) you will have the equilelent of several inch raised steering arm.

drawback is the dodge arm puts the attachment point at/near axle centreline and the chev one is behind axle centreline for added length.
    crossover is same idea on both though the dodge axle is ~2" narrower overall.

can you measure the hieght on the knuckle from the tie rod attachment point to the top machined surface of the knuckle
    like this and perhaps let us know the actual vintage of the axle in question to the best of your knowledge?

oh, if the price is right I wouldnt hesitate to grab it.

5. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

New info: It's supposedly in a 73 Power Ram. The guy was telling me about it yesterday and I didn't listen real well. I really don't know what axle it is, but from what little I've picked up here and there, I was under the impression it is a D60. I'll try and find it out though.

6. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Weren't those closed knuckle and 19 spline? Can't remember.