Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Real quick lift question for the rear

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Gary 86 K5, Nov 16, 2002.

1. Gary 86 K5

Gary 86 K5 1/2 ton status

I was just looking at my pinion angle and I noticed that it doesn't seem right. Is the wedge on the rear springs supposed to be pointing towards the front or rear, or to describe it easier, is the fat part supposed to be in the front or back? Thanks for the help! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

fat at the front, so that it raises the front part of the diff so it points up towards the t case
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. Gary 86 K5

thanks a ton, thats what i thought! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

ummm no actually the fat part goes in the rear. think bout it. when u tighten the u bolts, ut brings the front of the diff up, aiming it towards the x-case

NITRO

5. Gary 86 K5

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif well i just found out that they do belong in the rear after all /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif guess ill change them again /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif i am sooooo sorry, i just did a lift on a toyota for a friend, and they are opposite, because it is tube over spring. and i didnt go out an look at the jimmy cause i just finished it. really man i am a total retard. you can slap me when you see me
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

7. Gary 86 K5

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif hey its cool, i thought i had them right the first time and it turns out i was right, sh*t happens don't worry about it, its all fixed now........i mean that problem is fixed, still have many others /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif