Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Really bad day

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chaz88K5, Apr 5, 2000.

1. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

Alright i was havin a great day untill i decided to go to sacramento to check out the mall (and maybe find a chick or two). well anyway back to the story, i was lookin for a place to park and i saw the parking grage so i decide to go in there (bad idea)...keep in mind the sign says 6'3" clearance and i am about hum 6'4" it dident work very well...i dident do too much damage.....just scrached up my fresh paint job on the topper part...so it looks like i am goin to be repaintin that this summer...so all u people that have just put a lift on your blazer....REMEMBER THAT WHEN U ARE TRYIN TO FIND A PLACE TO PARK!!!! or u will have a real bad day too..

Chaz

"whoo my new pic is on the photo page...check it out!!"

2. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

Hey Chaz sorry to hear about the paint at least it didn't do major damage, about 6 months ago I had to go court (sucks) and the same thing almost happened to me I missed it by about 2" but I did go through without any damage well good luck buddy.

keep blazin !!!

3. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Something else to keep in mind...those signs lie sometimes. I had a friend in CA who took his rollbar lights off the fast way in a parking garage. Sign said 6'6", truck was measured at 6'3" at top of lights. Room to spare? NOT!! Use caution...

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!
    [​IMG] So many ideas, so little money...

4. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

Friend of mine had his $2500 mountain bike on his roof rack. He got back to his townhouse and had forgotten all about the bike being up there. Pulled into the covered parking spot. Too late. Bike AND rack ripped off his roof and behind his car.

He had a bad day.

<font color=red>Steve88</font color=red>[​IMG]
    88K5 Silverado
    thunderdog@metallica.com

5. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

well i took a closer look at it today....looks like most of it i can rub out but there is just one deep scrach that is beond hope of savin.....it dont really matter anyway (its only the roof...who is really goin to see it anyway)..the only way someone is goin to notice it is if someone is driving a truck next to me or if i roll it....but i wouldent really worry about the roof if it is parked on its side....so i am to the point..i really dont care =-)
    I got over it!
    Its just paint! Its made to get scrached!!!!

Chaz

"whoo my new pic is on the photo page...check it out!!"

6. Blazin'Grrl

Blazin'Grrl Registered Member

What really sucks is when you get free tokens for the car wash and your truck won't make the clearance [​IMG]

<font color=purple>Sarah</font color=purple>
    <font color=purple>[​IMG]'83 K-5 Silverado Blazer[​IMG]</font color=purple>

7. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

You guys talking about lifted Blazers or GO-KARTS here?? I am 6'5 and I can look over my Jimmy, only cuz the shocks need to be replaced. My light bar is about 6'8 or so. I hope that I can't look over the top of my Jimmy after I lift it. I almost made that same mistake the other day when I had to go to the doctor's office for my sprained ankle. Pulled into the entrance and heard my light bar hit the sign. I slammed on the brakes and put 'er in reverse. The idiots behind me started honking and wouldn't back up. I just kept on rolling back, they finally got the message. That goes back to that post about people respecting big trucks. It was a close one, but I have been in car garages with my lights on top with probably 2' clearance. STILL SQUEEZ'N!! HAHA LATER

"Crutch"

"What me get stuck? NEVER!!"(Famous last words)