Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Really bad vibes

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by hpfire7227, Mar 23, 2000.

1. hpfire7227

hpfire7227 Registered Member

Help! I'm still getting pretty bad vibration even after having the shaft straightened and balanced. It shows up at about 40 mph and never goes away..but gets worse above 60. My ball joints are kinda bad...doing them next week. Where else can I look??? (besides wheel weights).

10 BOLTS O' FUN

2. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

Tire out of round.

Tim

1970 Blazer CST 4X4 350 SM465 NP205
    1987 Suburban 4X4 350
    1988 Chevy Pickup 4X4 350

3. 77K-5

77K-5 Registered Member

I don't know what size lift you have, but if 4" + have you checked the angle at the t-case. You will have to lower it if you did lift it by this amount. I had this prob after I lifted it and it had the same symptons..

BS

4. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

Hey man, check out all of your front end parts. My 91 2WD did the same thing. I ended up replacing the ball joints, tie rod ends, pitman arm, idler arm and since I was under there, I put in a heavier sway bar, bushings, and end links to help it handler better. Also check shocks, if they are bad, they will magnify any smaller problems. Good luck.

Diesel.
    Whatever it takes.[​IMG]

5. Chrome Moly

Chrome Moly Registered Member

Like Blazer1970 said it might be the tires are outta round,just had that problem last week. The guy at Goodyear told me my steel belts had humps in them, so I drove it to another shop and they said the same thing without me saying a thing about what the other guy told me so i had two new front tires installed, and the problem went away.
    Hope this helps.

Chrome Moly
    <font color=green>Resistance is Futile</font color=green> [​IMG]