Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

really getting down

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by supersize75, Jan 21, 2003.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

today seems like the last straw for me, the whole blazer project has me all aggrivated and upset kind of like a ford owner trying to 4 wheel with 10 inch blocks in the rear and a ledge up ahead.

I bought rock sliders from toybox cuz they went out of bissiness but when I tried to install them they are not a bolt on like stated ( my 75 has rocker boxes) and after deciding to cut into them I realized my sawzaw was smoking and it stopped working. so I cant install um till I cough up some dough. Then after trying to work on those toyota tail lights I got even more frusterated because it seems impossable to finish them. To make things worse my younger sister was (in the bedroom) with a guy today who just happens to be one of my ex friends and the music was up the door was locked and I know what I heard /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif This is really aggrivatng + we hate oneanother too. So I came real close to ending his ford explorers life today! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif.
    I have also had an on going problem with a website I ordred a phone from because they charged me 3 times to many and thinking I had $ in the bank i used my debit card and racked up 12 count um 12 overdraft charges at $30.00 a pieca and the bank refunded the two charges too many and 1 of the over drafts but said I am out of luck because I used the card and I should have known about it. This is really fawked up and I am really starting to wish I was a violent person right now. And they already have the cash because the took it out of my savings acount /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I read the fine print/contract and it is leagle. My truck was already a munney pit but now it seems to be a new form of depression right now. I am continually nagged by my father to get the truck done but I proabably have less that 15 hrs of his time in two years. I am also only getting about 5 hrs a week due to set backs as well. To make it worse I am a senior in high school with no wheels to drive and I walk home every day. Also the parts I ordered from a few members haven't come in the mail yet and I really need to get things such as the axels in the garage installed o I can quit wining, I could go on but am rally frusterated now.

also I know many of your have been through similar problems, but words damn I am almost tired of it /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Duct tape a couple good sized washers to that guys rear driveline (on the same side) and laugh at him when he cant figure out why he keeps spitting u-joints.

3. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Hang in there...seems like it all comes at once. Just think that at some point in the future, all these problems will be over and in the past. Hope everything gets better soon. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

You should get out of the house for a while...go see some friends or hang out somewhere. Sometimes just getting away from what is aggravting you helps.

Next, don't get over whelmed. Pick one thing that is bothering you and do something about it if you can until that problem is gone. The stuff you can't do anything about...forget it or deal with it. Bank...get over it and consider it a learning experience you paid for (think of it as post secondary education)
    Sister...I'm not sure you even wanna do anything about that one. I try not to picture my sisters sex life, let alone meddle in it./forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Money and job go hand in hand. If you can try looking for another job that offers you more hours...

Tail light project...dunno what to say. If you have a solid plan for finishing them up do it. If you're designing and engineering as you go it may just be better to swap back to factory and call it another learning experience.

Parts will show up without you worrying about them...be patient.

If your Dad is pressuring you to finish your truck tell him you're doing your best and that's all you can do...unless he has some time to help/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hang in there...we all have days like this. I tend to have weeks on end like this.

Rene

5. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

hang in there man. everything will be ok. just give it some more time and as far as that guy goes i don't wanna give advice so you do something bad. i know i would. just tell yer dad sorry for taking up so much time and ask if he'll just get off yer back for a while. hope everything works out. and if ya need anymore help just ask on here. plenty of people here to help you out. later.

jacob

6. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I did get out of the house for a while and I came up with a new game plan. Money is still commin in from the odd jobs it's the money from the job that I was hoping on though. I was just having a really ruff week end and it just seemed every thing but my girl friend went south (hehe) yes I am in a beter mood and I will use the money I have to order my carrier rebuild kit today and my friend grant in going to let me use his truck to pick up my new panels today. "cant wait to trim a new fender" and I am glad I didn't do any thing stupid thank you for the replys and it is nice to know others have been there too. I am just glad I didn't use the sledge hammer /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif then I would have more problems and I would have another "getting really down " post. thank you all and good wrenchin /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif