Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

really need 73-75 blazer doors

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by supersize75, Apr 12, 2003.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

Well bought the aftermarket doors with the intintion to try and make them work and is too much of a pain so looking for THE ORIGINAL type. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif in AZ

2. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

What are you willing to pay? I have a set of 73 doors complete and in good shape. I plan to use them, but cash talks. I live in Washington, 98662. Let me know. I also have decent tailgate, manual with glass. Let me start at $100. each for the three.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. supersize75

ah, shipping would kill the deal also a little high for me right now, thanks though I will probably try to find some locally, thanks again.

4. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

No worries, thought I might be able to help.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Finding a decent door of that vintage is HARD. The doors on the 73-75 are EXACTLY the same doors as a truck or burb would have. They just cut the frame off at the factory and add the gusset plate at the rear. If you walked into a Chevy dealer in 1975 and ordered a door for a 73 K5 they would hand to a truck door and tell you to cut it.

6. supersize75

I can find the doors, I just don't want to pay 200.00 for a set, so I will try to make mine work, but if they don't..

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Take carefull measurments. You will have to pull the plate out of the old door or make one.

8. supersize75

thats 1/2 the problem, I only have one of the plates /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif