Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

REALLY NEED HELP!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Adrock, Apr 14, 2000.

1. Adrock

Adrock 1/2 ton status

alright, I already posted this message before and everyone ignored me. but here it goes again. I need to replace my whole entire bed, not just the rear, but the whole thing. i need information if anyone has any on prices of parts, like the bed, or extra sheet metal or anything like that. And also, I have an 88 so where my bed meets the cab there is that little step down thing, and that i all rotted out, what should I do about that. any help would be greatly apreciated. thanks.

Adam
    a.k.a. Adrock
    88 Chevy Blazer FI 383
    Aint nothin' like the sound of Chevy Thunder

2. **b**

**b** 1/2 ton status

LOOK FOR MY POST I THINK BACK ON MONDAY
    SUBJECT I LISTED WAS "NEW WHITNEY CAT."
    I LISTED THE PART#'S AND $$$$
    JC WHITNEY CATALOG PAGE 44...
    IAM GOING TO BE ORDERING...

bad breath ongion rings?
    bz-t

3. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

I dont think you where ignored earlyer. But all that brown cancer probably scared everybody away. How bad is it? My grandfather was a retired body-worker. I spent my summers there as a kid, watching him fix rustet cars on the side. Some of those where in pretty bad shape but he new his trade. Sounds like you will have to clean everything out of the cab, and go to work with a power-cutter. Then when you get rid of all the rust, weld in new sheetmetal. Bending it and hammering it to make the angles needed. If you decide to buy a welder you should get pretty good at it after this project.Doing it a at a $hop sounds to expensive the way you describe the situation. You can buy replacement bed's and floors and just paste those to the good metal left to. Where to get it, others can help you with. Maybe getting a rust free donor from a wreckingyard.
    I realy cant offer you anything else but to encourage you to go for it. Good luck.

http://sites.netscape.net/espensplace/homepage

4. SVBlazer

SVBlazer 1/2 ton status

Go back a couple of pages in the parts forum (i think 3 pages) 78blazer had a late 70's tub for sale. Dont know how it will apply, but some or most may help you out.

good luck!

5. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Remove all body mounts, disconnect all electrical to the tub, remove doors, top seats and anything else you like and get another body, less work just make sure the new one is treated before you put it on...White Knight

6. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I agree with the White Knight.....there are too many good tubs for cheap to bother with replacing the whole enchilada! Ya might have to get one from a littler farther south, but it would still be worth it.

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm