Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear 3.42s worth? front 10 bolt 3.42 gears f/s

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by k5floyd, Nov 30, 2004.

1. k5floyd

k5floyd 1/2 ton status

first, id like to know what my rear 3.42s are worth. theyve got no more than 800 miles on them because, my gov-loc exploded at the end of summer break and took everything with it. so new 3.42s were put in, not sure which brand they are, and my dad had probably one the best places in the area do it. im selling them to my auto-tech teacher.

ive got my old front 10 bolt 3.42 gears for sale if anyone wants them... make an offer. im not really trying to sell them for as much as possible, just want to help someone out, though 3.42s would probably be a step backwards, lol. unless your truck came with 3.08s...

2. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

If you can't sell them you could always take the ring gear, weld a plate to the back and make a really cool ashtray. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. k5floyd

k5floyd 1/2 ton status

nobody has an idea what the rear 3.42 are worth?

4. K5Chris

K5Chris 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    nobody has an idea what the rear 3.42 are worth?

[/ QUOTE ]

however much your local scrap yard is paying....

5. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Most people here on CK5 run 3.73 atleast. Not many would have a use for 3.42s. Sorry I can't really help put a price on it for you. I will tell you that when I by parts trucks unless they have 3.73 or better the whole axles go to the scrap. Not worth my time to tear apart and store.

6. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Well new from a shop they were probably what $200-300? And I see gears for sale in the mags in the $150 range...so I would say maybe 1/2 of new on the cheap set? Thats just a guess, but the market for them is small, so the fact they are like new will be lost on most people.