Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear 56" 2" lift springs?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ryoken, Feb 14, 2005.

1. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

trying to figure out what to order here for my lift...

my thoughts are 4" EZ rides up front with 0-rates for 5..

i figured i want an extra inch in back to help out any eventual sag issue. so i'm looking at 6" in back or so. my initial thought was a flip for 4" and 2" lift springs.. not as simple as i thought. they are available in 52", but apparently not 2" in 56". figure if i'm back there might as well move the flip back and go 56" as opposed to 52..

are these available?
    TC and BDS don't seem to make em..

2. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

You can probably have the 2" lift 56" springs made... St. Louis Springs I think?

3. mightywhitey_k5

mightywhitey_k5 Registered Member

i am in this same perdickament right now its a little late for me because i have everything torn apart with the flip kit ready to b put on but i can go with out my blazer for a little while i guess:frown1:

4. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Bds dosent make 2 in lift springs, I went with (stock) 4 in springs and the 2 1/2 in flip, they probally make the 4 in 56" 's

5. ryoken

thanks for the reply...

well, if i have to go 2 1/2 flip and a 4" spring, i'll just go with a TC 56 in 4" to match the front EZ rides..... but i'm really trying to avoid that, seems to defeat the purpose of the flip putting a 4" spring in there...

think i'd rather just get the TC 2" in 52 as opposed to 56, and run the 4" flip... well, i can't say i didn't try to run 56's... not sure how much the 56 helps over the 52 anyway...

6. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

my truck with the 4" back and the 6 in front rides better than my moms stock blazer, i havent ridden in a truck with the 4" flip and 2" springs, so i dont have that to compare to but like i said i have the 6"fnt. and 4" rear(BDS) with no sway bar and mine rides and handles better than my moms stock blazer

7. ryoken

your running 52's , right? and your 6 1/2" in back, 6 in front.... hows that sit? level?

i need to start a thread to find out how much better going to the 56's would be over 52's.....

8. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Ya i guess what ever the stock springs are, i did this before i found out about the 52 or 56 swap up front and in back, right now its a little saggy cause i haev my heavy ass 4x4 iron bumper in the back and nothing in the front, im shure once i get my 4x4 iron front bumper and winch in stalled in front it will be level again