Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear axle seal

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KENNY, Jun 5, 2001.

1. KENNY

KENNY 1/2 ton status

Dec 7, 2000
    found a leak in the driver side rear axle. thougth it was the cylinder, that would be too easy. it's the rear axle seal. looked like alot of work and beyond my means. any suggestions how to fix what caused this and how much to fix. I was given a price of $200 with new pads in rear.
  2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Jan 12, 2001
    Well, I would be more than happy to help you out, but........

You need to fill out your profile so we can read about you and your vehicle to get an idea of what equipment you have. In other words, help us to help you.

Now, what kind of axle are you working with?
    What year rig? You need to be a little more specific when asking us for our opinions for what the leak could be coming from.

BTW, you quoted the price with new pads in the rear. I assume you have rear disc brakes? If you have drums, then you need SHOES, not pads! Better check with someone else rather than whoever gave you that quote! Seems like they dont know what you need.

When In Doubt, Whip It Out!