Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear bearings

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Tonka, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Tonka

Tonka Registered Member

Thanks to all who helped me with my ball joint issues. Now I'm getting ready to tackle the rear wheel bearings. Another task I have never tried. Does anyone have any hints or suggestions. I understand it takes a slide hammer or some kind of bearing puller to get them out. Is this another autozone rental thing or something I have to buy? Anything else to look out for or prepare for?

2. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

What axle do you have? Advice depends on whether it's full floating type or semi-floating. Mine's a dana60 which is full floating and replacing the wheel bearings is straight forward.

3. Tonka

Tonka Registered Member

Mine is not a full floater. I believe it is a corp. 12 bolt.

4. Rasberry

Rasberry 1/2 ton status

12 bolts are simple. pull the spider gears then the c-clips, and remove the axle. Then you borrow the bearing puller from auto zone, remove old and tap in the new ones.

peice of cake

have fun

5. Rasberry

Rasberry 1/2 ton status

it goes without saying, but just in case, replace the seals at the same time.