Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear beef

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ntaj*ep, Jun 2, 2005.

1. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Well some might think that. I finished my rear 60 swap and only need to figure out the brake system and install the detroit and axle shafts. I have air trapped somewhere in the system which kept me from having fun with it this past holiday weekend. Figured I would share the photos of my 3/4 ton (same clearance as my 12 bolt ;) ) axle swap. :cool1:

Out with the old 12 bolt, and c-clips. Thanks for the 10+ years of flawless service my friend.
    [​IMG]

And in with the Furd 60.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In and ready for some bigger meats and the Bead locks that have been sitting waiting.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Looks good! I went through the same issues when I swapped on my rear discs. It took forever for the trapped air to work it's way up to the MC. If you can, take it down and have it power bled. That should cure it.

3. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I bet Rick could break that 12 bolt in a weekend :haha:

SO that was your reason for not making it huh? We will have to try and get out to Little Naches this summer sometime, and hopefully a few of the closer places as well.

4. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Ya that and the fact that the "new" tow rigs tranny hasn't showed up yet. I couldn't get a trailer until that was done. I did have one lined up to rent but then ran into issues with the brakes, and some stupid seal issues.

5. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

what spline axles are those

6. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Currently 16 spline, the detroit I have is a 30 spline. Not more beef just more splines, only reason for the swap is lockers are avail. for the 30 spline and not the 16. I would have kept the 16 spline axles if I hadn't got a good deal on the locker. :D

7. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Well I messed with it some more today, got the rest of the lug nuts and blead it some more. I'm thinking it is the booster now that is causing the problem. Might just look into a 4 wheel disk master at the same time.

[​IMG]
    Also I think the 1.5" set back on the rear axle was a little too much. :blush: