Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Bench Seat

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TXsizeK5, Nov 12, 2002.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

How is your mounted in? Mine has like a clip thing for the back, when you undo that it kinda folds forward and has two bolts holding the front end down. I was wondering... are those bolts tapped into the floor or is there a nut underneath it? Cause its a b!tch trying to get that out... maybe i need air tools? Same with my tire carrier but that is a nut and a bolt.
    I dont want to break any of the mounting points for the bench seat, so can i just undo those with air tools ? Thanks.

2. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

thats how mine is and there is a welded nut on the bottom of the body.

3. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Do you have to cut the welded nut? I saw something weird under the truck it was like a bulb or something... could that be the welded nut? Or by welded nut, do you mean like how the front seats are... the nut is welded to the underside of the floor? Thanks!

4. lt61173

lt61173 1/2 ton status

have somone watch underneath to see if the weld broke.

5. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

derek you should be able to get it off in yer cargo area. very simple. remember breaker bar. lol. works good. now go get liquid wrench and get the damn things out. lol. that weld shouldn't be broeken. if it is i'm sure it'll be a biatch to get it out. oh well. good luck. later.

jacob

6. Bandit175

Bandit175 Registered Member

I took those bolts out to put in herculiner awhile back. Those bolts were hell gettin out. We jammed up two air impacts trying to get it out. I think the last one finally came out by luck. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

well... big breaker bar, a hernia, and several cuts on my hands later... the back seat is out! Butttt the tire carrier is still in and WONT COME OUT! Im gunna go get some of that liquid wrench stuff and get it one more good try... if no go... i think im just gunna get a hacksaw and saw that thing off.