Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Blocks?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by getitup, Jul 23, 2003.

1. getitup

getitup Registered Member

When I bought my 75 Jimmy it already had blocks in the rear. They look like about 2.5-3in blocks(havent measured them yet). It sits level now with negative arch front springs. Am I going to run into a problem when I go to lift it? I was planning 4in front springs and shackle flip in the rear. But the way it looks I guess that I will have to get new rear springs also. So why not go 6in ft springs and 2in new rear springs with the shackle flip. What do you guys think?

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I'm not sure if doing a shackle flip with anything higher than the stock rear springs is recommended. As far as going from a 3" block to a shackle flip, you should be fine, the height will be roughly the same.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

There is no reason NOT to do a shackle flip and use taller springs. That's the way to go IMO, and virtually the point of having a shackle flip. The idea is to gain the height you want with the flattest springs possible, and the shackle flip is a good tool for that, definitely.

I say go for it.