Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Brake Hose Probs????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazen_md, Feb 10, 2003.

1. blazen_md

blazen_md 1/2 ton status

Ever since I put my 14bolt ff in the rear of my 90 k5 I used a skyjacker stainless steel braided line on the rear for the extended length. The application I used was for a 1ton 4x4 chevrolet. Now it seeps brake fluid between the hard line and the rubber line. Should I have gotten the brake hose for the blazer??? Or for the one ton pickup?? Any help would be great thanks!!

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

The question is, was the fitting the right size? Did it thread in properly? That's really the only deciding factor. If the fitting screwed in properly (you'd know if one was meant for 1/4 and the other for 3/16) then try tighting it some more. If that doesn't do it...the fitting is either faulty or the threads are boogered.

3. blazen_md

blazen_md 1/2 ton status

Yes the threads are fine it screwed in right and it is tight it could be that the fitting was made bad....I guess I will order another one and give it a try.

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Make sure there isn't any dirt in the connection. The threads don't seal the fluid in a compression fitting. They just apply pressure to the flares. If there is any dirt (or gouges) on either part of the flare fitting then it will leak. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif