Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear brake line (form frame)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wraenking, Jan 28, 2005.

1. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

ok, im going to take off the rubber hose in the rear that comes from the hard line at the frame (near gas tank) and it is not moving. i pbed it for 2 weeks, and just tried heat and still nothing. does the rear extended hose have to be used?

if so, can i use the stock one i cant get off until i get it to a brake place. most likely will have to be cut and re flared. i have a flaring tool, but if you look under your k5, there isnt any room there to flare.

help!!

thanks

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i cut mine off and flared it, it was pretty easy, just take of one of the clamps that hold the line to the frame it will pull out a little bit and give you alot more room

3. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i'll help ya tommorrow with it. got line wrenchs? :thumb:

4. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

yeah. but they actually rounded the nut too. it must be the rustiest spot on the truck

i cleared it and removed the strap to fcut and flare it, but its a 1/4" line, not 3/16"

ill get the right fitting in the morning and hopefully have it done before you get here so we can concentrate on the brakes.

thanks guys