Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear brake line????

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by arq, Sep 4, 2001.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

after or durring my larger gastank install i grinded away part of my rear brake line, so it got in the way. I have a stock 72 blazer 12bolt rear end. I want to put in a steel braded line.
    here's the questions:
    will a second gen rear brake line fit the first gen??
    anyone have part numbers/sources??

thanks,

ARQ.

1-72 4x4 CST Blazer
    2-71 4x4 CST Blazer

2. Calif KID

Calif KID Registered Member

i`am looking for a gas tank where did you get your`s?Is your old one still good?

3. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Dennis, I don't know about whether a Gen2 line will fit or not, but just measure up the length of the hose, get some AN adapters with E-clips, and an AN hose that fits the length requirement. That's how I plumbed up the hydraulic clutch system in my Toyota and the rear brakes in my Trans Am.

4. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

thanks steve, i'll try that. first i got to figure out what an AN is, lol.

Calif, i got the 31gal tank from an 84 blazer. i had to do some major modifications. it was a PITA. If you do go that way i would recomend getting a 2" body lift or your tank will hang to low. I'll post some pictures later.
    I have 2 old tanks, i posted them in the forsale section. one tank i had RENUed(www.gas-tank.com) about 2yrs ago and bought the sending unit at that time too. It works like new. the other needs cleaning and a sending unit.

ARQ.

1-72 4x4 CST Blazer
    2-71 4x4 CST Blazer

5. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

No problem, Dennis. AN simply stands for Army-Navy. AN hose is one of a few different types of hose, and AN fittings are special fittings with 37 degree flares, but in this case you're looking for a medium pressure teflon hose with steel braid covering it. Earl's, Aeroquip and Russell are the more common manufacturers of this type of hose for automotive use. For the brake system, I'd suggest an AN-3 hose and fitting size.

6. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

thanks steve,

i just order my line today. i should get it this friday.

ARQ.

1-72 4x4 CST Blazer
    2-71 4x4 CST Blazer