Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear bucket seat conversion

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mtsmail, Aug 26, 2002.

1. mtsmail

mtsmail Registered Member

Aug 17, 2002
    I have an 80 blazer. I want to replace my rear bench seat with buckets.
    Can anyone out there who has done this give me some tips.

2. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

Dec 13, 2001
    i haven't done it yet, but basically find the buckets that you want, i would match them to the front so probably four buckets are in order. although seats in the back sit higher than the ones in the front so maybe you want lowbacks in the back and high backs in the front. either way after you pick out your buckets you will need brackets. Most aftermarket seat makers offer brackets that will work in your truck. You can also make your own brackets by bolting the seat to a piece of metal and bolting the metal into the stock holes. in the rear though, unless you want a metal piece running across the entire width of the original bench then you will have to drill more holes. But i think if you put a center console in between the two buckets in the rear like a tuffy console and bolt that to the metal as well it would look good i think, then you would have a place for rear passengers to put drinks and stuff. maybe get the console that is also a cooler that is an idea. Changing seats is probably going to be one of the easiest projects out there so don't sweat it. others will have more specific details. hope this helps.