Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear bump stop relocation

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jackedjimmy, Jun 27, 2002.

1. jackedjimmy

jackedjimmy 1/2 ton status

With a shackle flip in the rear and fresh(stock) Springs, there is little or no need for the fatory bumpstop. In my eyes, it is damn near impossible to shuv the axle that far up to hit it. I know that you can get longer rubbers, but I am going th run the MO offroad outfitters shock mount setup and the longer rubber might interferre with the shocks.

Has any one out there removed their stock bumpstops and made a bracket that sticks outside the frame and is above the top leaf spring plate? I don't have any designs yet but it would look kind of like a shackle flip, but wouldnt be as beefy. It would have like a 3inch bumpstop on it also.

Removing the stock ones and the brackets will make my exaust routing be much easier because I plan on running true dual exaust running straight out the back.

Let me know what you've done.
    thanks

2. jackedjimmy

jackedjimmy 1/2 ton status