Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear bumper, any interest?

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by Mastiff, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Mastiff

Mastiff 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I've had this hardcore bumper sitting in my garage for 5 years now. I don't think I'll need it for a while, since I live in Iowa now and there aren't many trails to nowhere like out west...

This bumper is super stout. I had it made custom at a place called "DT Rollcage" in Orange County CA. It's got a beefy main bumper part with a hitch, then two swing away parts mount into that. One holds the spare and the other holds four five gallon cans. If you wanted you could take away a few of the can holders and use the space for something else, since it's pretty much just a big shelf.

The mounting is just angle iron on the back of the bumper that bolts to the frame. You would have to cut the frame off some to get it to mount close to the body, but I think that's just about unavoidable with any aftermarket bumpers, since the factory bumpers are hollow and the frame goes way in. This thing is boxed in on all sides.

I'd like to get $350 for it. If you are interested, I think I can dig up some more pictures from when it was mounted on the truck. Right now it's in my garage, so pics aren't very useful.

I'm in Cedar Rapids, Iowa BTW. I think shipping would be brutal for this, since it's so heavy, but I'll work with you if you want to try to ship it freight or something. I've never really dealt with that before.

[​IMG]