Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear bumper tire carrier almost all done.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ntaj*ep, Sep 23, 2003.

1. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Well I put some pictures in my gallery of the newly built rear bumper setup. Tell me what you all think. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I would like to thank Tim at 4x4 Iron for the help with the parts. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[​IMG]

2. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

could you post more pics of the tire carrier design, I am in the middle of building mine too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i like it... nice and simple. Some peeps seem to think a bumper is some kind of expensive replacement for a junglejim... i dig simple bumpers. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

4. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

The carrier is super simple dude, I bought it like 8 years ago but you could build it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Its just square tubing and a reciver at the top for the tire mounting surface. The pivot is from 4x4 Iron. If I have time I'll snap some more shots of it for ya. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Very nice! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I love the simplicity of it all!

Kris

6. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I was going for out of the way and easy. I think it turned out OK. For now I'm happy, and the response has been good so far /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I still have to mount my recovery point(s) also /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif......

7. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    Tank in, rear recovery points on.

8. thefarside

thefarside 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Well I put some pictures in my gallery of the newly built rear bumper setup. Tell me what you all think. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I would like to thank Tim at 4x4 Iron for the help with the parts. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

God I hate it when the lettering on the tire runs and leaves those streaks! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

9. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

you need to paint that rim flat black, or someone will think your trying to hide the bumper a steal it... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    looks great. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif