Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Cab Floor Rot (need advice)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazer_Boy, May 11, 2001.

1. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

The area in the back of the cab where the rear passengers feet go is rusted through something fierce. Of course this situation needs to be dealt with but I don't what options I have. Is there anybody on this earth who makes patch sections for these areas. It seems every K5 rots out around these corners but there's no patch panels. If anybody knows, pleeeeeeease tell me. If thats not a choice then I guess I'll have do it myself with some sheet metal. What gauge thickness should I get. I also want to use some of this metal to touch up some spots on my wheel wells. Maybe making my own rear floor section would be better because its just held together with some cheesey seam sealer from the factory. Any five-year old with a fisher-price car could tell you thats not going to work. Get some welding done in there and maybe I'd fair better. Anybody have any ideas what to do.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76>http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76</A>

2. timebomb1602

timebomb1602 1/2 ton status

just an idea.....If you have any steel fabricaters or steel plants or small factorys around you see if you can get a few decent size pieces of scrap steel and weld them in. any 16 to 20ga pieces of steel would work, just make sure to protect from rust with paint ect. A friend of mine rebuilt his whole cab floor on a 79 chevy pick-up this way.

<font color=red>1991 GMC Jimmy 350tbi 3.42</font color=red>[​IMG]