Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear cargo doors on k5?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by coloradoblazers, Sep 29, 2001.

1. coloradoblazers

coloradoblazers 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I know some newer(92-94) K5 have the swing out style barn doors. Anyone converted an earleir Blazer to this. I think it would look pretty sharp. It would be easier to get stuff in and out of the back. I am thinkin bout this. Could cut the tops of the doors off so they would fit w/ top off, and then add new tops that screw on, like jeep doors. The base of the doors could house some subs, then swing out for tailgate(even though it would be gone) parties. Just wanted to know if anyone had done this. I think gim had a picture of a blazer that had the tailgate swingout sideways, tought that was pretty cool.

K5- because size DOES matter!
    Fear This

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Grimmy has his version of that. I saw a 2wd Blazer with the back half of a barn door Burb grafted on at a car show a couple years ago, and it looked really cool. I've got pics of it somewhere - I'll try and find them and get em scanned and post.

Of the 5 toughest dogs in the neighborhood, my cat's ranked #3
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I've thought about doing this myself and the only problem I can see with it is getting a good seal between the top of the doors and the removable top. The newer Blazers(Yukons) and Subs have a steel roof with an actual door jamb built all the way around. I'm not sure that the fiberglass top could be altered to fit the barn doors properly. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that's the major stumbling point.........

<font color=blue> WE WILL NEVER SURRENDER<font color=blue>

4. bigk

bigk 1/2 ton status

I'd love to see pictures of that.

Karl
    Temporarily Unemployed Underwear Model
    87 3/4 ton