Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear cv driveshaft

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fatbob, Apr 13, 2005.

1. fatbob

fatbob 1/2 ton status

Anybody know what cars used a cv rear driveshaft? I dont have the money for a H.A.D. so I'm gonna cruise the junkyards this weekend looking for one.
    I have a fixed yoke 205 and a 14sf. Someone posted in another thread the some old caddys had a slip yoke cv, but I'll need a fixed yoke one.
    Bob

2. crazy_cooter56

crazy_cooter56 Registered Member

ya might check the 77-79 F150's as they had the cv style shaft.

3. fatbob

fatbob 1/2 ton status

Thanks, :cool1:
    That gives me something to look for :waytogo:

4. thor

thor 1/2 ton status

Broncos also, however there short, and it's cheaper to shorten than lengthen a shaft... 78's used a 1330 cv vice the 1310s in the 77's if I recall right.

5. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

mid 70's Eldorados had CV on both ends of the drive shaft. My rear shaft has a caddy CV at the t-case, the hard part is finding a cheap flange for the t-case. I bought mine years ago from the shop that did my shaft originally, I killed that cv so i went to the j/y pulled a 77 eldo rear shaft cut off the fixed c/v and took it all to a shop $30 bucks later i was back in business. FYI the flange bolt pattern and center bore is the same on the caddy cv as it is on a stock 80s front saginaw cv, but the caddy takes a 2 1/2" tube or if you get the whole tube out of the j/y the caddy shaft steps up to 3" and will take a 3" slip shaft. Just some options for you.