Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear cv driveshaft

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RedneckK5, Nov 3, 2002.

1. RedneckK5

RedneckK5 Registered Member

i am thinking of purchasing a slip yoke eliminator cv shaft for my 208 from driveline solutions.com. i am running a 4"susp. lift and have no plans to go any bigger. any body know about these shafts. the kit & shaft is $375. is this a good deal. thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I would say so for $375 IMO. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Dan

3. 85 blazer

85 blazer 1/2 ton status

I just recieved mine put it in on Sat, went on poker run on Sun. I love it no VIBES at all although I did not get the eliminator, I got the slip yoke, All in all good shaft and quality, Took ! week to get though, not bad for custom shaft though!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. Troopie's Tonka

Troopie's Tonka 1/2 ton status

I am getting my spring perches rewelded sometime this week so i can get a c/v shaft. point it right at the tcase output, right? and then measure, then order...so who has the best deal? driveline guy? or driveline solutions? or anyone else, and how much am i looking at for a one ton c/v shaft? how long to get to my door? thanks
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. 85 blazer

85 blazer 1/2 ton status

Go to Driveline solutions website they will tell you how to measure for it. Mine was 306.00 shipped to my door in 1 week, in NY

6. Troopie's Tonka

sweet thanks. oh, and as far as 1/2 ton and 1 ton, since I have a pretty heavy right foot also, it's probably worth the little extra to get 1 ton right?

7. 85 blazer

85 blazer 1/2 ton status

I bought the slip yoke stlye since I am still using the 208TC and have a spare 208 I beat the snot out of it on Sun and just love it they even put in the big u-joint in the rear for the 14bff no combo joint and all joints and balls greaseable!!

8. Troopie's Tonka

I have a NP208...what is the difference between slip yoke and eliminator? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif hahaha, yeah yeah yeah, I am just gettin into this stuff, give me a break. and for my setup, which is best? or is that another one of those "opinion" things? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif
    [​IMG]

9. 85 blazer

85 blazer 1/2 ton status

Tell me how you load a pic in your post??? In reply to your previous post, in cutting perches I used 4 degree shims on mine to get the proper pinion angle. You may want to do the same.

10. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave 1/2 ton status

Hey do you have the website address? I cant seem to find it.

11. 85 blazer

85 blazer 1/2 ton status

12. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave 1/2 ton status

Thanks!