Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear CV driveshafts??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Thumper, Nov 15, 2001.

1. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Was contemplating cutting my perches off and rewelding then in the proper angle position, but that seems kinda final when I am not too sure about what my future plans hold for this truck. I dont want to be cutting them off, again and again to fix my angles everytime.
    So, who is running a CV rear shaft?
    Did you just cannibalize the CV joint from a front shaft and weld it to a rear shaft? Or are they custom built from scratch?
    I figure that this will be the best thing and will let me do basically anything to the rear diff and it should pretty much compensate...

Any inputs?

Thanks
    Mike

<font color=blue>Thumper
    85 Fullsize Jimmy
    [​IMG]
    <font color=red>Aint Skeered!! </font color=red>

2. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I am running a custom built CV rear drive shaft on my NP205. It uses a Ford Bronco NP205 1330 CV style output yoke on the 205 to accept the 1330 CV drive shaft end. Hope this helps.

I may be slow, but I sure am fat!

3. CarolinaBogger

CarolinaBogger Registered Member

I got a complete rear CV shaft from Arizona Drivelines for $320. Now, anyone correct me if im mistaken, but i've heard that you could get a CV out of a Cadilac? or Olds Bravada and weld it into your Blazer shaft if you wanted to do it yourself.

4. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I guess if you didn't want it balanced or what not you could make one... but considering it is about $50 to have one balanced why mess with it IMO.

I currently have a slip yoke style CV shaft soon to be a fixed yoke type I hope.

I would say give Jesse a call at High angle driveline. You'll get like 10% off.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

5. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

I have a Caddy CV im mine, it uses a dodge flange yoke on the t-case, and the CV which uses that GM joint, its not a spicer size, but is comparable to a 1330 i think, it works well and i have had few problems with it, however, as i told someone else, if i had it to do over again i'd go with the spicer style 1350 CV. As was said give Jesse a call, he'll steer you down the right track.

Leland aka RaisedK5

"Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most!"
    "Are the voices in my head bothering you?

6. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Get with JEsse at Highangle Driveline.
    www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com

7. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Hey Raised, is that the CV with a pivot in the middle of it? Do know what it's "officially" called? See my CV Joint post.

Real trucks don't have spark plugs!

8. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

ok, thanks for the input... but I am unfamiliar with the 1330/ 1350 numbers of u-joints...
    Are these part numbers? The ones I buy are from Napa (Canada) and they are number PUJ 369. Does that equate to anything you guys are talkin about?? The same ones I use are number V153 from Bumper to Bumper. They fit into my stock 79 NP205 and the 74 12 bolt yoke if that helps.

Mike

<font color=blue>Thumper
    85 Fullsize Jimmy
    [​IMG]
    <font color=red>Aint Skeered!! </font color=red>

9. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

1330 adn 1350 are the series , 1310 is half ton 1330 is 3/4 and 1350 is 1 ton kinda

dents ....
    O R D's axles
    NO BREAKAGE :)